BVQ 2016 Quilt Challenge – “A Book Report”
The challenge quilts will be displayed and voted on at our August meeting. If you are entering a quilt remember to check the rules below. If you have questions ask Nancy Arico or Mary Alice Peeling. Gift Card Prizes will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
BRING IN YOUR FINISHED ENTRY!!!
Remember when you or your children were is school and the book report assignment was a poster, a book jacket, a diorama, or some other illustration of the book, a character, a scene or a theme – well that is this year’s challenge, kind of. In keeping with our upcoming quilt show theme “Quilting - A Novel Idea” we invite you to unleash your creative energy, using one of your favorite books as you inspiration. Your challenge is to create a small quilt depicting some aspect of the book. The rules are simply:
1) Quilt must be based on a book of your choosing – any book is fine (Adult or children’s).
2) Design a quilt that expresses the title, a character, a favorite scene, etc. from the book.
3) Quilts should be between 72” and 96” perimeter (i.e. 18” x 18”, 20” x 16”, up to 24”x24”).
4) Include a label on the back with Your Name, The Name of the Quilt, and The Name of the Book that inspired it.
5) Keep it private! Don’t share your idea, book title, or quilt with anyone who will be at the August meeting to vote.
6) Only the front will be displayed for voting.
Quilts will be displayed and voted on at the August 2016 meeting. Please bring it in a bag or box that is not transparent or identifiable.
Please click HERE to see our calendar of speakers/workshops.
To review guest speakers from previous BVQ meetings, click HERE.